Thursday, August 7, 2008

Insomnia

It's 2:53 a.m. and I am sitting here with thoughts whirling through my head. Like, what does "He's my boo" mean anyway? For anyone who is wondering boo means boy/girl friend (The urban dictionary is a great source for answers to questions like that, but beware, it can get vulgar). Boo can also be a term of endearment, which I already knew because it's one of the many nicknames I have for my adorable little boy. I also like to call him "Jackalackabingbong", and absolutely love it when he replies, "Mamalamadingdong". I've become quite the rhymer lately, almost to a fault, but it's what comes of having a 7, 6 and 4 year old, and innumerable readings of Dr. Suess (Mr. brown can moo can you?).
So that's what me and my insomnia do--whirl and twirl with the thoughts in my head. I had a friend who recently told me I should break up with my insomnia. Unfortunately when I tried to tell it that our 10+ year relationship was over it just gave me the cold shoulder. So, here I am creating a blog and trying to get some of those thought on--well not paper, but you know what I mean. Hopefully now that I have a new creative outlet for the whirling and swirling babbling blah blah blah in my head the insomnia will feel like I am cheating on it and do the leaving...we'll see.
Until next time,
sleep sweet!

3 comments:

Angi and Jared Cowley said...

Welcome to cyberspace! Now we can waste more time together!

Anonymous said...

Okay I am so jealous of this Insomnia and all the time and attention you are giving it... I am so glad that you turned to the BLOG world to get over your frustrations in the relationship. I miss your guts and can't wait to catch up on a girls night...
Nat

The Halls said...

Felicia,
You have pictures of my boys on your blog. How cute! I started a blog not too long ago too. Pretty amazing for someone so not tech savvy. The camping sounds fun. What great memories for your kids.